Snapper Grouper Vision Blueprint Commercial Regulatory Amendment 27
Proposed actions: Council directed staff to begin development of an amendment to address items identified in the Vision Blueprint addressing commercial management measures.
Most Recent Council Actions: During the June meeting, the Council proposed:
- Consideration to establish commercial split seasons for blueline tilefish, red porgy (in addition to modifying bag limits for red porgy), snowy grouper, greater amberjack.
- Options to establish a commercial trip limit for the Other Jacks Complex
- Consideration of modifications to the seasonal commercial prohibition to apply to a different time period off of the east coast of Florida for black grouper and off the Carolinas for red grouper
- Modifications to the commercial trip limit for vermilion snapper in the second season
GET INVOLVED –
- Pre-Scoping: September 2016
- Scoping: January/February 2017
- Public Hearing:
- Final Approval:
- Secretarial Review:
- Rule Making: