Snapper Grouper Vision Blueprint Recreational Regulatory Amendment 26
Proposed actions: Council directed staff to begin development of an amendment to address items identified in the Vision Blueprint addressing recreational management measures.
Most Recent Council Actions: During the 2017 March meeting, the Council proposed:
- Restructuring of aggregate bag limits - develop alternatives for the deep-water complex and the shallow water grouper complex with individual bag limits; develop alternatives for the 20-fish aggregate bag limit addressing triggerfish, spadefish, and other species; analyze a May-August season for deepwater species and include a single-hook rig option and descending devices.
- Shallow-water grouper closure - develop alternatives for adjusting the closure and specifically look at options to better align the closure with red grouper spawning.
- Removal of size limits for deepwater species
- Modification of minimum size limits for black sea bass - analyze reducing the minimum size limit to 11" and 12" and look at information on distribution of discards.
- Modify the minimum size limit for gray triggerfish off east Florida to 12."
GET INVOLVED –
- Pre-Scoping: September 2016
- Scoping: January/February 2017
- Public Hearing:
- Final Approval:
- Secretarial Review:
- Rule Making: