Keeping up with offshore fishing regulations can be a challenge and many fishermen have taken advantage of the Council-sponsored South Atlantic Fishing Regulations mobile application over the past few years.
As of January 1, 2018, the Council will transition to using the Fish Rules mobile app to keep you updated on federal fishing regulations in the South Atlantic. Fish Rules offers some exciting new features that we think all of you will enjoy. It is clean, user friendly, and has a fast-growing user base along the entire East coast. It also hosts state fishing regulations for those of you that fish in your state waters. Right now, the app only hosts information for recreational anglers. We are working with the app developers to come up with alternatives for our commercial stakeholders. Please stay tuned!
In order to keep stakeholders accurately informed during the transition, we ask that those of you using the current SA Fishing Regulations mobile app begin moving to Fish Rules. We will assume responsibility for updating South Atlantic federal regulations in the new app on November 28, 2017. We will continue to update both of the apps until January 1, 2018, when we will fully transition to Fish Rules.
Download Fish Rules today:
- What will happen to SA Fishing Regulations, the old mobile app?
- If you have already downloaded the old app, it will stay on your phone and operate as usual. But, as of January 1, 2018, the regulations on the app won't be up to date. We encourage you to delete the app before or on January 1, 2018 and move to the Fish Rules mobile app.
- Who will update the South Atlantic federal waters regulations on Fish Rules?
- Council staff
- Is the Fish Rules App free?
- How will commercial fishermen access commercial regulations through the App?
- Right now, commercial regulations in Fish Rules are limited to a link to the "Regulations by Species" page on our website. We encourage commercial fishermen to check the regulations before heading offshore, since they won't be able to access the website when out of cell range. We recognize that this is an inconvenience and we are discussing ways to improve this with the app developer. Stay tuned!
- Within Fish Rules, click on the species you are interested in and scroll down below the black bar that reads, "Additional Information." The link to our website's "Regulations by Species" can be found there.
Have comments, suggestions, or questions? Contact Outreach Specialist Cameron Rhodes at email@example.com or call 843/571-4366.