After much input from fishermen wishing to discuss management issues amongst their peers, the Council has created an online forum to host these conversations. The Fishermen’s Forum will be a space to ask questions, discuss management concerns, and hear from peers located in other states in the region.
In order to participate in the discussion, you must hold a commercial snapper grouper permit in the South Atlantic. We hope to see the forum expand to other user groups in the future. So, if you are a stakeholder other than a commercial snapper grouper permit holder, then stay tuned. We think we’ll have something for you soon. In the meantime, keep track of the discussion (it's all public) and continue to offer your comments on our Facebook or in an official capacity through our online public comment form.
How to sign up?
To begin, visit the Fishermen’s Forum at https://forum.safmc.net/index.php.
- In the black bar that says “Hello Guest”, click Register
- Submit your date of birth and click Continue
- Read and Agree to the Registration Agreement (which highlights the rules of the forum)
- Fill out your Account Details: username, password, email, and permit info
- Select your account preferences (do you want to receive emails from forum administrators, receive private messages from other users, etc.)
- Select time zone
- Fill out the image verification and security question
- Click Submit Registration
- Your account will be reviewed and later approved
- Once approved, you’ll receive an email
- Go back to the link, sign in, and explore the Forum
We look forward to learning from you and hearing your views on fisheries management issues in the South Atlantic. Please note that the comments and discussion threads on the Fishermen’s Forum will not be considered on-record public comments. If you’d like to submit a comment on the record, please visit our website, http://safmc.net/.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Cameron Rhodes, Fishery Outreach Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org).