South Atlantic Food Webs and Connectivity - coming soon!
- POLICY CONSIDERATIONS FOR SOUTH ATLANTIC FOOD WEBS AND CONNECTIVITY AND ESSENTIAL FISH HABITATS (December 2016)
South Atlantic Climate Variability and Fisheries - coming soon!
- POLICY CONSIDERATIONS FOR SOUTH ATLANTIC CLIMATE VARIABILITY AND FISHERIES AND ESSENTIAL FISH HABITATS (December 2016)
SAFMC Fishery Ecosystem Plan II Implementation Plan - coming soon!
Presentations on Ecosystem Modeling:
- The South Atlantic Region Ecopath Model: Advancing the Ecopath/ Ecosim/ Ecospace approach - Thomas A. Okey to SAFMC SSC October 2017 (The South Atlantic Region Ecopath Model)
- Perspectives on Modeling for Ecosystem Based Fishery Management (EBFM) – Howard Townsend to SAFMC SSC October 2017 (Perspectives on Modeling for EBFM)
- Spatial ecosystem modelling using Ecopath with Ecosim - Jeroen Steenbeek Ecopath International Initiative, Spain Webinar, 29 August 2016 EcoSpace Webinar May 2017 (Spatial Ecosystem Modeling using Ecopath with Ecosim)
- A Preliminary Ecopath Model of the Atlantic Continental Shelf Adjacent to the Southeastern United States. Thomas A. Okey and Roger Pugliese (Fisheries Impacts on North Atlantic Ecosystems: Models and Analyses)
- Exploring the Trophodynamic Signatures of Forage Species in the U.S. South Atlantic Bight Ecosystem to Maximize System-Wide Values. Thomas A. Okey, Andrés M. Cisneros-Montemayor, Roger Pugliese, Ussif R. Sumaila (Forage Species in the U.S. South Atlantic Bight)
SALCC State of the South Atlantic
Ecosystem Based Fishery Management Background
NMFS EBFM Policy
Rutgers in collaboration with NOAA Fisheries, built a website called OceanAdapt http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/ecosystems/climate/activities/oceanadapt where users can search and download data on the geographic and depth ranges of more than 650 species of fish and invertebrates and track how those distributions have changed over time: a valuable tool for the fishermen, fishery managers, and scientists who are grappling with the challenge of adapting to a changing ocean environment.