As of January 1, 2018, the Council transitioned to using the Fish Rules mobile app to keep you updated on federal fishing regulations in the South Atlantic.
Fish Rules offers some exciting new features that we think all of you will enjoy:
- State Regulations
- Regulations for the entire East coast of the US
- Photographs of fish
- And many more!
Right now, the app hosts information for recreational anglers and commercial fishermen. Commercial regulations for South Atlantic federally managed species can be found in the "Additional Information" section for a given species.
Download Fish Rules today:
Click the links below for additional information:
- What will happen to SA Fishing Regulations, the old mobile app?
- If you have already downloaded the old app, it will stay on your phone until you delete it. But, as of January 1, 2018, the regulations on the app are not up to date. We encourage you to delete the app and move to the Fish Rules mobile app.
- Who will update the South Atlantic federal waters regulations on Fish Rules?
- Council staff
- Is the Fish Rules App free?
- How will commercial fishermen access commercial regulations through the App?
- Right now, commercial regulations in Fish Rules are hosted in the "Additional Information" section for federally managed species in the South Atlantic.
- Within Fish Rules, click on the species you are interested in and scroll down below the black bar that reads, "Additional Information."
1) Make sure you are looking at the regulations for the right location
The App hosts information from Maine through to Texas, including both state and federal regulations.
The dark bar at the bottom indicates your location:To change your location, click the bar to get this screen:
You can select location by using the three methods mentioned under Location Determination. Use your favorite!
2) Choose how you'd like to view regulations.
At the top right hand corner of the screen, you'll see a thumbtack icon:Click it and you'll see options for five different ways to view species and their respective regulations:3) Click the "boxes" to learn more.
Bag Limit, Min Size, Measure, Gear Limits, and Season are all clickable:
Click Bag Limit and you'll get more information:
Visit Fish Rules online for more information.
Have comments, suggestions, or questions? Contact Outreach Specialist Cameron Rhodes at email@example.com or call 843/571-4366.