As of January 1, 2018, the Council will transition to using the Fish Rules mobile app to keep you updated on federal fishing regulations in the South Atlantic.
Fish Rules offers some exciting new features that we think all of you will enjoy:
- State Regulations
- Regulations for the entire East coast of the US
- Photographs of fish
- And many more!
In order to keep stakeholders accurately informed during the transition, we ask that those of you using the current SA Fishing Regulations mobile app begin moving to Fish Rules. We are currently working with the folks at Fish Rules to make sure all of the federal regulations in the South Atlantic are up to date. We will continue to update both of the apps until January 1, 2018, when we will fully transition to Fish Rules.
Right now, the app only hosts information for recreational anglers. We are working with the app developers to come up with alternatives for our commercial stakeholders. Please stay tuned!
Download Fish Rules today:
Click the links below for additional information:
- What will happen to SA Fishing Regulations, the old mobile app?
- If you have already downloaded the old app, it will stay on your phone and operate as usual. But, as of January 1, 2018, the regulations on the app won't be up to date. We encourage you to delete the app before or on January 1, 2018 and move to the Fish Rules mobile app.
- Who will update the South Atlantic federal waters regulations on Fish Rules?
- Council staff
- Is the Fish Rules App free?
- How will commercial fishermen access commercial regulations through the App?
- Right now, commercial regulations in Fish Rules are limited to a link to the "Regulations by Species" page on our website. We encourage commercial fishermen to check the regulations before heading offshore, since they won't be able to access the website when out of cell range. We recognize that this is an inconvenience and we are discussing ways to improve this with the app developer. Stay tuned!
- Within Fish Rules, click on the species you are interested in and scroll down below the black bar that reads, "Additional Information." The link to our website's "Regulations by Species" can be found there.
1) Make sure you are looking at the regulations for the right location
The App hosts information from Maine through to Texas, including both state and federal regulations.
The dark bar at the bottom indicates your location:To change your location, click the bar to get this screen:
You can select location by using the three methods mentioned under Location Determination. Use your favorite!
2) Choose how you'd like to view regulations.
At the top right hand corner of the screen, you'll see a thumbtack icon:Click it and you'll see options for five different ways to view species and their respective regulations:3) Click the "boxes" to learn more.
Bag Limit, Min Size, Measure, Gear Limits, and Season are all clickable:
Click Bag Limit and you'll get more information:
Visit Fish Rules online for more information.
Have comments, suggestions, or questions? Contact Outreach Specialist Cameron Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843/571-4366.