Public Hearing/Scoping Meeting Scheduled for Pooler, GA on January 30, 2014 CANCELLED Due to Winter Storm
The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council is cancelling the January 30, 2014 public hearing and scoping meeting in Pooler, GA. The recent winter storm that hit the Southeast region has provided conditions unsafe for travel to and from the scheduled meeting. Therefore, in the interest of public safety the meeting is being cancelled.
The public will still have an opportunity to provide formal public comment on the public hearing and scoping meeting amendments at the upcoming Council meeting in March 2014. The public hearing/comment session will be held on Thursday, March 6, 2014 beginning at 5:30 p.m. and the public is encouraged to attend and provide formal public comment at that time.
Submitting Written Comment
Written comments will also be accepted until 5:00 PM on February 3, 2014. Instructions for submitting written comments, including email comments, are available from the Council's web site. Copies of the draft documents and presentations (video and PDF) are available on the Public Hearing & Scoping Meeting page of the website and also available by contacting the Council office at 843/571-4366 or Toll Free 866/SAFMC-10.
Amendments for Public Hearing -
Snapper Grouper Amendment 29 (ORCS and gray triggerfish) includes:
- Adjustments to the Acceptable Biological Catch (ABC) values for unassessed species where data is limited, known as "Only Reliable Catch Species" or ORCS
- Management measures for gray triggerfish including changes to minimum size limits, establishment of a split commercial season, and commercial trip limits.
Coastal Migratory Pelagics Framework Amendment 1 includes:
- Changes to the Annual Catch Limits for Spanish mackerel (both South Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico migratory groups)
Amendments for Public Scoping -
Coastal Migratory Pelagics Amendments 24 and 26 includes:
- Amendment 24 - Options to modify sector allocations for Gulf migratory group king mackerel and Atlantic migratory group Spanish mackerel
- Amendment 26 - Options for separate commercial permits for king mackerel and Spanish mackerel in the South Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 16 includes:
Options to address the current annual prohibition on the use of commercial black sea bass pots from November through April.
Due to the winter storm that hit the Southeast region, the January 30 public hearing/scoping meeting scheduled for Pooler, GA has been cancelled.