FISHERY BULLETIN ISSUE DATE: April 3, 2018
CONTACT: Sustainable Fisheries, South Atlantic Branch, 727-824-5305
Request for Comments: Proposed Rule to Revise Annual Catch Limits for South Atlantic Red Grouper
NOAA Fisheries requests your comments on a proposed rule for Abbreviated Framework Amendment 1 to the Fishery Management Plan for the Snapper-Grouper Fishery of the South Atlantic Region, which addresses red grouper in the South Atlantic. This proposed rule would reduce the annual catch limits for South Atlantic red grouper in response to the results of the latest population assessment. Comments are due by May 3, 2018.
SUMMARY OF PROPOSED CHANGES:
- The proposed rule would reduce the total and sector annual catch limits (ACLs) for red grouper.
- New ACLs (in pounds whole weight) are as follows:
|Total ACL||Commercial ACL||Recreational ACL|
|2020 until modified||162,000||71,280||90,720|
HOW TO COMMENT ON THE PROPOSED RULE:
The comment period is open now through May 3, 2018. You may submit comments by electronic submission or by postal mail. Comments sent by any other method (such as e-mail), to any other address or individual, or received after the end of the comment period, may not be considered by NOAA Fisheries.
FORMAL FEDERAL REGISTER NAME/NUMBER: 83 FR 14234, published April 3, 2018
Electronic Submissions: Submit all electronic public comments via the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal.
- Go toregulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=NOAA-NMFS-2017-0162.
- Click the "Comment Now!" icon, complete the required fields.
- Enter or attach your comments.
Mail: Submit written comments to Frank Helies, Southeast Regional Office, NMFS, 263 13th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
Abbreviated Framework Amendment 1 may be found online at the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Regional Office Web site at: http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/sustainable_fisheries/s_atl/sg/2017/red_grouper_framework/index.html.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS ANDCLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries RelatedAlerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries RelatedAlerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to888777
- Caribbean Fisheries RelatedAlerts
- Text CARIBFISH to888777
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707 Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750