Final Rule Revises Annual Catch Limits for South Atlantic Red Grouper
FB18-051 South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin; For more information, contact: Frank Helies, Sustainable Fisheries, 727-824-5305, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOAA Fisheries announces a final rule for red grouper in the South Atlantic. This rule will reduce the annual catch limits (ACLs) for South Atlantic red grouper in response to the results of the latest population assessment. The assessment determined that red grouper in the South Atlantic is undergoing overfishing and is overfished.
WHEN RULE WILL TAKE EFFECT:
- The rule will take effect on August 27, 2018.
WHAT THIS MEANS:
- The final rule will reduce the total and sector annual catch limits for red grouper.
- New annual catch limits (in pounds whole weight) are as follows:
|Total ACL||Commercial ACL||Recreational ACL|
|2020 until modified||162,000||71,280||90,720|
FORMAL FEDERAL REGISTER NAME/NUMBER: 83 FR 35435, published July 26, 2018
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750