South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin
Bringing Fishing News to You
FISHERY BULLETIN ISSUE DATE: October 27, 2017
CONTACT: Sustainable Fisheries (727) 824-5305
Recreational Closure for Greater Amberjack in South Atlantic Federal Waters on October 31, 2017
The recreational harvest of greater amberjack in South Atlantic federal waters will close at 12:01 a.m., local time, October 31, 2017.
WHY THIS CLOSURE IS HAPPENING:
The 2017 recreational catch limit is 1,167,837 pounds whole weight. Recreational landings have met the recreational catch limit. According to the accountability measure, recreational harvest must close.
DURING THE CLOSURE:
During the recreational closure, the bag and possession limits of greater amberjack in or from federal waters are zero. Because commercial harvest is also closed, the prohibition on harvest or possession of greater amberjack applies in both state and federal waters for vessels that have a Federal commercial or charter vessel/headboat permit for South Atlantic snapper-grouper.
This bulletin provides only a summary of the existing regulations. Full regulations can be found in the Federal Register or at: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text- idx?SID=383bc195ccbeab4fd6bec1c24905df34&node=sp50.12.622.i&rgn=div6#_top.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA’s Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time. Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
· Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
· Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
· South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
· South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
· Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707 Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750