September 16-20, 2013
The Charleston Marriott Hotel
170 Lockwood Boulevard
Charleston, SC 29403
1-800-968-3569 toll free
Meeting Postcard (posted 8/26)
Meeting Agenda (posted 8/28)
Briefing Book Materials (posted 8/28)
Watch the meeting LIVE as it happens - Sign up for daily Webinars here
Final Committee Reports (posted 9/20)
Summary Motions (will be posted after the Council meeting)
Wednesday September 18 at 5:30 PM - Informal Question / Answer Session
Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Council Chairman
Thursday, September 19 at 4:30 PM -Public CommentFormal public comment will be accepted on: Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 14, Dolphin Wahoo Amendment 5, Coral Amendment 8, Coastal Migratory Pelagics Amendment 19, Coastal Migratory Pelagics Amendment 20, and Coastal Migratory Pelagics Framework. See briefing book materials available at safmc.net for details.
- Ecosystem-Based Management Committee Meeting
- Coral Amendment 8 - addresses expansion of coral Habitats of Particular Concern (HAPCs) and transit provisions through the Oculina Bank HAPC. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for submission to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Snapper Grouper Committee Meeting
- Regulatory Amendment 14 - Actions include: modifying the commercial and recreational fishing years for greater amberjack and black seas bass; modifying the commercial fishing seasons for vermilion snapper; modifying recreational accountability measures for vermilion snapper and black sea bass; and modifying the commercial trip limit for gag. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for submission to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Mackerel Committee Meeting
- Joint SA/Gulf Mackerel Amendment 20A (formally 19) - addresses the bag limit sale of king and Spanish mackerel (including tournament sale of king mackerel); potential new commercial permit requirement for cobia; actions to eliminate latent effort in the king mackerel hook-and-line sector; federal regulatory compliance; and income requirements for commercial Coastal Migratory Pelagic permits. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for submission to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Joint SA/Gulf Mackerel Amendment 20B (formally 20) - addresses changes in Gulf group king mackerel zones and a transit provisions for king mackerel; regional quotas for Atlantic group king and Spanish mackerel; modifications to cobia annual catch limits and targets; and modifications to the framework procedure. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for submission to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Dolphin Wahoo Committee Meeting
- Dolphin Wahoo Amendment 5 - addresses minor changes to Annual Catch Limits for dolphin and wahoo; commercial trip limits for dolphin; and changes to framework procedures. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for Secretarial review.
Back to Council Meeting page Back to Home page