Hilton Wilmington Riverside
301 North Water Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
Phone: 1-888-324-8170 or 910-763-5900/Guest Fax: 910-763-0038.>
Note! Watch the Council Meetings LIVE! Sign up for daily Webinars!
Meeting Agendaposted 11/7; updated 11/15)
Briefing Book Materials (Now available; posted 11/15)
Summary Motions (posted 02/04/13)
NOTE: The Council is scheduled to approve four amendments during the December meeting and will be accepting public comment for these four amendments through November 30, 2012.
More information is available at the following link: Open for Public Comment
Informal Question / Answer Session - Wednesday, December 5, 5:30 PM - Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Chairman David Cupka
Public Comment Session - Thursday, December 6, 11:15 - 12:00 PM and 1:30 - 2:30 PM- Public comment will be accepted on: 1) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 13; 2) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 15; 3)Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment 3; 4) Snapper Grouper Amendment 28 and then followed by public comment regarding any other items on the Council agenda.
Snapper Grouper Committee Meeting:
- Regulatory Amendment 13 - proposes changes to harvest levels using adjusted recreational data from the Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP). The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for Secretarial Review.
- Regulatory Amendment 15 - proposes adjustments to the yellowtail snapper annual catch limit (ACL) and other measures for yellowtail snapper. Also includes alternatives to modify or remove the requirement that all shallow-water grouper close commercially when the gag quota is met. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for Secretarial Review.
- Amendment 27 - includes actions to address issues with the harvest of blue runner in the mackerel gillnet fishery, modify the snapper grouper framework process, and management jurisdiction for yellowtail snapper, mutton snapper, and Nassau grouper. The Council is scheduled to to approve the amendment for public hearings to be held in January 2013.
- Amendment 28 - the amendment includes provisions to allow a limited harvest of red snapper in 2013 and beyond. The Council is scheduled to to approve the amendment for Secretarial Review.
Ad-Hoc Data Collection Committee Meeting:
- Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment (CEBA) 3 - Improvements to Data Reporting and VMS - the amendment includes actions to modify permits, data reporting (for-hire and commercial sectors) improvements to bycatch monitoring and the use of Vessel Monitoring Systems (VMS ) in the commercial snapper grouper fishery. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for Secretarial review.
Joint Habitat and Ecosystem-Based Management Committees Meeting:
- Coral Amendment 8 - proposes modification to existing Coral Habitat Areas of Particular Concern (HAPC) and alternatives to allow transit through the Oculina Bank HAPC. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for public hearings in January 2013.
SEDAR (Southeast Data, Assessment, and Review) Committee Meeting:
- The committee will receive a report from the Steering Committee and discuss the SEDAR stock assessment schedule, terms of reference, and appointments for upcoming SEDAR assessments.