Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
3841 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
Key West, FL 33040
Telephone: 1-800-228-9290 or 305-296-8100; Fax: 305-293-0205
Meeting Agenda (PDF) (Note: Except for advertised (scheduled) public hearings and public comment sessions, the times indicated on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the completion of agenda items. Interested parties should be aware that meetings may start earlier or later than indicated.)
Briefing Book Materials (posted 6/1/11)
Joint Council and Committee Briefing Book Materials (posted 6/3/11; updated 6/7/11)
Public Comment Session - Thursday, June 9, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Held in conjunction with the Gulf Council meeting) - Public comment on Spiny Lobster Amendment 10 and South Atlantic actions in Mackerel Amendment 18.
Informal Question / Answer Session - Tuesday, June 14, 5:30 p.m. - Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Council Chairman David Cupka.
Public Comment Session - Thursday, June 16, 9:00 a.m. - Public comment will be accepted prior to the Council Session.
Note: For specific dates and times regarding the joint meetings, please see the Meeting Announcement Post Card.
Mackerel Committee (Includes a Joint Meeting with the Gulf Committee/Council)
- Amendment 18: The Committees will meet jointly regarding Amendment 18 (being developed jointly with the Gulf of Mexico Council) outlining Annual Catch Limits (ACLs) and Accountability Measures (AMs) for king mackerel, Spanish mackerel and cobia. The South Atlantic portions of the amendment are scheduled for final approval during the Joint Council Meeting on Friday, June 10.
Spiny Lobster Committee (Includes Joint Meeting with the Gulf Committee/Council)
- Amendment 10: The Committees will meet jointly to review Amendment 10 (being developed jointly with the Gulf of Mexico Council) to establish ACLs and AMs, limited fishing areas, trap line requirements and other measures for spiny lobster. The amendment is scheduled for final approval during the Joint Council Meeting on Friday, June 10.
Snapper Grouper Committee
- Regulatory Amendment 11: This amendment addresses options for modifications of the 240' depth closure for deepwater species currently in place to end overfishing of speckled hind and warsaw grouper. The Committee will receive analysis conducted by NOAA Fisheries and provide recommendations.
- Comprehensive ACL Amendment: This amendment establishes ACLs and AMs for snapper grouper, dolphin, wahoo and golden crab. It also contains measures to prohibit the bag-limit sale of dolphin and establish a 20" size limit for dolphin offshore of SC, as well as other measures.
Ecosystem-Based Management Committee
- Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment 2: This amendment modifies the management of the octocoral fishery, the management of Special Management Zones offshore of SC, release gear requirements for the commercial snapper grouper fishery, and designations of Essential Fish Habitat and Habitat Areas of Particular Concern. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendment for Secretarial Review.