Hutchinson Island Marriott
555 NE Ocean Boulevard,
Stuart, Florida 34996
Telephone: 800-947-2148 or 772-225-7131
Download FINAL AGENDA (pdf) (NOTE: Except for advertised (scheduled) public hearings and public comment sessions, the times indicated on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the completion of agenda items. Interested parties should be aware that meetings may start earlier or later than indicated.)
We're going LIVE! Now you can access live video feed from the Council's meeting in Stuart, Florida using USTREAM. Go to the web site, type "SAFMCTV" in the search block and view the meetings as they occur. Note: Your search will only get a hit when the "live stream" is active.
Additional Meeting Materials/Presentations:
Evaluating the Effects of Snapper Grouper Amendment 16 and Amendment 17 on Red Snapper (PDF) - Presented by Andy Strelcheck, NMFS SERO on 6/10/09
NMFS Southeast Fisheries Science Center Report (PDF) - Presented by Dr. Bonnie Ponwith, SEFSC Director on 6/12/09
Public Comment Session - Tuesday, June 9, 2009 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM - Interested persons will be provided the opportunity to present oral or written statements regarding matters on the Council agenda.
Informal Question and Answer Session - Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Join Council member Dr. Roy Crabtree, Regional Administrator with NOAA Fisheries (NMFS) and Council chair Duane Harris to discuss issues relative to red snapper.
Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC)
- The SSC will meet on Sunday afternoon, June 7, 2009 from 1:30PM to 5:00 PM and will meet in concurrent sessions with other committee meetings on Monday, June 8, 2009 and Tuesday, June 9, 2009.
- The SSC and Golden Crab Advisory Panel and SSC and Wreckfish Advisory Panel will meet for seperate workshop sessions on Sunday, June 7, 2009.
Snapper Grouper Committee
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 17 - Ending overfishing for red snapper, establish Annual Catch Limits for 10 snapper grouper species undergoing overfishing (snowy grouper, golden tilefish, speckled hind, warsaw grouper, red grouper, black grouper, black sea bass, gag, vermilion snapper and red snapper), etc. - the Committee will review the revised draft document, consider alternatives, and approve for public hearing (if possible).
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 18 - the Committee will review management options and provide recommendations to staff for continued development.
- Comprehensive Annual Catch Limit (ACL) Amendment - the Committee will continue to review and provide recommendations for the draft document.
Ecosystem-Based Management Committee
- Review the National Environmental and Protection Agency (NEPA) and legal comments on the Fishery Ecosystem Plan (FEP) Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment 1 (deepwater coral protection) and provide recommendations. The Committee will also review options for the Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment 2.
Note: The Council will also hold meetings of its Golden Crab Committee and LAPP Committee to review the discussions from the workshops held with the SSC and Golden Crab AP and SSC and Wreckfish AP. In addition, the Dolphin/Wahoo Committee will review options to be included in the Comprehensive Annual Catch Limit (ACL) Amendment, the Spiny Lobster Committee will review the joint Spiny Lobster Amendment (with the Gulf Council) and provide recommendations, and the Mackerel Committee will review the joint Mackerel Amendment (with the Gulf Council) and provide recommendations.