Jekyll Island Club Hotel
371 Riverview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527
Telephone: 1-800-535-9547 or 912-635-2600
We're going LIVE! Now you can access live video feed from the Council's meeting in Jekyll Island, GA using USTREAM. Go to the USTREAM web site, type "SAFMCTV" in the search block and view the meetings as they occur. Note: Your search will only get a hit when the "live stream" is active.
Download FINAL AGENDA (PDF) (Note: Except for advertised (scheduled) public hearings and public comment sessions, the times indicated on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the completion of agenda items. Interested parties should be aware that meetings may start earlier or later than indicated.)
Note! SUMMARY MOTIONS now available (posted 4/7/10).
Note: Catch Shares Workshop - Monday, March 1st from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Contact staff economist, Kate Quigley for more information. Kate.Quigley@safmc.net / (843) 571/4366.
Informal Question / Answer Session - Wednesday, March 3rd - 5:30 p.m. - Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Council Chairman Duane Harris.
Public Comment Session - Wednesday, March 3rd - immediately following the Informal Question / Answer Session. - Interested persons will be provided the opportunity to present oral or written statements relative to the meeting agenda.
Snapper Grouper Committee
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 17A - Long term measures to end overfishing for red snapper including a continued closure of the red snapper fishery, area closures, plus Annual Catch Limits and other management measures. The Committee will continue to review alternatives and modify the document as necessary. Note: A final decision on the amendment will not be made at this meeting. Download a Summary of Amendment 17A (pdf), including background, purpose, description of alternatives and a timeline.
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 18 - Includes alternatives to expland the management unit northward, limit participation in the golden tilefish fishery and change the fishing year, modify the black sea bass pot fishery (possible limited access program), separate snowy grouper quota into regions/states, improve data collection and other measures - the Committee will review management options and provide recommendations to staff for continued development.
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 20 - Establishes Annual Catch Limits and Accountability Measures for commercial wreckfish fishery and modifies the current ITQ program.
- The Committee will review recommendations from the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council regarding Amendment 18 (being developed jointly with the Gulf of Mexico Council) outlining Annual Catch Limits and Accountability Measures for king mackerel, Spanish mackerel, and cobia and other measures.
Joint Shrimp Committee and Advisory Panels
- The Committee and APs will review overwintering status of shrimp and provide recommendations.
Joint Law Enforcement Committee and Advisory Panel
- Discussion items include monitoring and enforcement of area closures, allowable gear restrictions in proposed snapper grouper closed areas, and enforceability of proposed regulations.