Jekyll Island Club
371 Riverview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527
800/535-9547 or 912/635-2600
Snapper Grouper Committee
- After receiving a report from the Law Enforcement Committee, the Snapper Grouper Committee reviewed draft versions and made recommendations to the Council regarding:
- Amendment 14 addressing marine protected areas for deepwater species, and
- Amendment 15 dealing with rebuilding schedules for snowy grouper, golden tilefish, black sea bass, and red porgy. The amendment also addresses recreational sale, permit issues (incorporation and 60-day renewal), size limites for queen triggerfish, and fishing year changes for golden tilefish.
- The Committee formulated a list of alternatives to be included in both Amendments 14 and 15. The documents are expected to be approved for public hearings in June 2006.
- The Committee received an update on the development of the Fishery Ecosystem Plan (FEP) and developed a draft list of items to consider for the FEP Comprehensive Amendment. There was also a staff presentation and hands-on workshop on the application of the Council's internet mapping system.