The Charleston Marriott Hotel
170 Lockwood Boulevard
Charleston, SC 29403
Phone: 1800-968-3569 or 843-723-3000 Fax: 843-723-0276
Note! Watch the Council Meetings LIVE! Live video of the meetings will be available the week of each meeting. To view the meetings as they occur, you will need a Windows Media Player. Click here to view the meetings.
SUMMARY MOTIONS Now Available (11-2-2011)
Download FINAL AGENDA (PDF) (Note: Except for advertised (scheduled) pubic hearings and public comment sessions, the times indicated on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the completion of adenda items. Interested parties should be aware that meetings may start earlier or later than indicated.)
Note! Briefing Book Materials now available (posted 8-25-11; updated 9-7-11, 9-9-11, 9-14-11, 9-15-11)
Informal Question - Answer Session - Wednesday, September 14 - 5:30 pm - Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and the Council Chairman David Cupka.
Public Comment Session - Thursday, September 15 - 2:00 pm - Formal public comment will be accepted on the Comprehensive ACL Amendments, followed by public comment on any other agenda items.
Snapper Grouper Committee
- Corrected Comprehensive Annual Catch Limit Amendment - The Committee will review the corrected allocation values for species in the snapper grouper management complex and provide recommendations for the Council to consider. The corrected document is scheduled for approval by the Council for submission to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Speckled Hind and Warsaw Grouper - The Committee will review management options to address bycatch mortality of these two species.
- Amendment 24 - Addresses measures to end overfishing of red grouper and rebuild the stock, including ACLs and accountability measures. The Committee will review public comment and continue to develop options. Public hearings were postponed in Florida due to Hurricane Irene and will be rescheduled for November.
- Amendments 18A, 18B and 20A - The Committee will continue to review alternatives. The Council is scheduled to approve the amendments for public hearings. The amendments address:
18A - options for the commercial sea bass fishery and data collection requirements
18B - alternatives for limiting the commercial golden tilefish fishery
20A - the Individual Transferable Quota (ITQ) program in the wreckfish fishery
Joint Shrimp and Deepwater Shrimp Advisory Panels-Committees
- Joint Shrimp AP Meeting - Members will receive updates on recent state closures, data collection, bycatch issues and develop recommendations for Committee consideration regarding management actions to include in Draft Amendment 9 to the Shrimp Fishery Management Plan.
Ecosystem-Based Management Committee
- The Committee will receive a presentation on lionfish from Dr. James Morris.
- Management measures to include in Comprehensive Ecsystem-Based Amendment 3 will be discussed and recommendations provided.