Coastal Migratory Pelagics Amendment 32
(Gulf Migratory Group Cobia)
Purpose of Amendment: the results of SEDAR 58 for Gulf cobia indicate that the stock is currently undergoing overfishing - this amendment includes actions to end overfishing of Gulf cobia and update the Coastal Migratory Pelagics framework procedures to clarify the language about the responsibilities of each Council
Action Summary: adoption of new catch level recommendations; Gulf and Florida East Coast Zone apportionment; sector allocations; Annual Catch Targets; bag limits, vessel limits, and size limits; framework procedure.
- April 2021: Mackerel Cobia Adbisory Panel discusses amendment.
- August 2021: Gulf Council approves amendment for public hearings.
- September 2021: South Atlantic Council approves amendment for public hearings.
- October 2021: public hearings were held.
- October 2021: Gulf Council scheduled took final action
- December 2021: South Atlantic Council approved the amendment for formal secretarial review.
Christina Wiegand (email@example.com)
Public Comments –
- Public Hearing: October 2021
- Final Approval: December 2021
- Secretarial Review:
- Rule Making: