Coastal Migratory Pelagics Amendment 32
(Gulf Migratory Group Cobia)
Purpose of Amendment: the results of SEDAR 58 for Gulf cobia indicate that the stock is currently undergoing overfishing - this amendment includes actions to end overfishing of Gulf cobia and update the Coastal Migratory Pelagics framework procedures to clarify the language about the responsibilities of each Council
Action Summary: adoption of new catch level recommendations; Gulf and Florida East Coast Zone apportionment; sector allocations; Annual Catch Targets; bag limits, vessel limits, and size limits; framework procedure.
- April 2021: Mackerel Cobia Adbisory Panel discusses amendment.
- August 2021: Gulf Council approves amendment for public hearings.
- September 2021: South Atlantic Council approves amendment for public hearings.
- October 2021: public hearings to be held.
- October 2021: Gulf Council scheduled to take final action.
- December 2021: South Atlantic Council scheduled to take final action.
Public Hearings will be held in-person at 4 locations on the East coast of Florida October 18-21, 2021.
Christina Wiegand (email@example.com)
Public Comments –
- Public Hearing:
- Final Approval:
- Secretarial Review:
- Rule Making: