Wyndham Grand Bay Hotel
2669 South Bayshore Drive
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
800/996-3426 or 305/858-9600
The Council held a joint meeting June 7-9, 2006 of its Habitat and Environmental Protection Advisory Panel and Coral Advisory Panel to continue the Council's integrated process to update Essential Fish Habitat information and consider ecosystem-based management through development of a Fishery Ecosystem Plan for the South Atlantic Region.
Note: Please contact the Council office for a copy of briefing book materials for this meeting.
June 7, 2006 1:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.
June 8, 2006 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
June 9, 2006 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
1) Review and approval of a draft research and monitoring plan for deepwater coral ecosystems in the South Atlantic;
2) Review and comment on a preliminary draft of the South Atlantic Fishery Ecosystem Plan;
3) Review of proposed deepwater Coral Habitat Areas of Particular Concern (HAPCs) and other possible measures for developing a Comprehensive Ecosystem Amendment;
4) Update on the Habitat and Ecosystem Page and Internet Map Server development; and
5) Review and comment on Snapper Grouper Amendment 14 (marine protected areas).