|South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin|
|Bringing Fishing News to You|
FISHERY BULLETIN ISSUE DATE: May 2, 2018
CONTACT: Charlie Bergmann (228) 238-4109
Sea Turtle Safe Handling and Release Gear Workshops Being Held on the East Coast of Florida
- NOAA Fisheries requires sea turtle safe handling and release gear be onboard federally-permitted commercial and for-hire vessels in the South Atlantic snapper-grouper fishery to increase fisherman and sea turtle safety if incidentally captured; there are also sea turtle handling protocols that describe the proper techniques for removing fishing gear.
- NOAA Fisheries will be holding workshops and dockside outreach in the locations listed below.
- During the outreach opportunities, NOAA Fisheries personnel will review the gear requirements and handling protocols.
- For more information, contact Charlie Bergmann at (228) 238-4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional information on sea turtle safe handling and release gear and protocols are available at the following:
|May 7||2:00 - 5:00 pm||Pablo Creek Library||13295 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32246||(904) 992-7101|
|May 8||5:00 - 8:00 pm||Southeast Library||6670 US 1 South St. Augustine, FL 32086||(904) 827-6900|
|May 9||5:00 - 6:45 pm||Port Orange Library||1005 City Center Cir.
Port Orange, FL 32129
|May 10||4:00 - 6:00 pm||Cocoa Beach Library||550 N. Brevard Ave.
Cocoa Beach, FL 32921
|May 11||2:30 - 4:30 pm||Lakewood Library||7605 Santa Barbara Dr.
Fort Pierce, FL 34951
|May 12||2:00 - 5:00 pm||Blake Library||2351 SE Monterey Rd. Stuart, FL 34996||(772) 288-5702|
|May 13||TBD||Dockside – local marinas||Palm Beach County, FL|
|May 14||TBD||Dockside – local marinas||Boynton Beach, FL|
|May 15||1:00 - 3:00 pm||Floribbean Seafood||5151 NW 17th St.
Margate, FL 33063
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750