Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
2717 Fort Macon Road
Atlantic Beach, NC 29512
Public Comment Sessions:
Monday, December 3, 2007 - 7:00 PM - Public Hearings on Amendment 15A and Amendment 15B to the Snapper Grouper Fishery Management Plan. Amendment 15A addresses stock rebuilding plans for snowy grouper, black sea bass, and red porgy. Amendment 15B includes the following actions:
- establish management reference points for golden tilefish
- address the sale of recreationally-caught snapper grouper species
- reduce the effects of incidental hooking on sea turtles and smalltooth sawfish
- change the commercial permit renewal period and transferability requirements
- implement a plan to monitor and assess bycatch
- establish allocations between commercial and recreational sectors for snowy grouper and red porgy
The Council will also hold a Public Scoping Session during the Public Comment Period on December 3, 2007 at 7:00 PM for Amendment 7 to the Shrimp Fishery Management Plan. Amendment 7 addresses the current "Use It or Lose It" provision for the Rock Shrimp Fishery. In addition, the Council is soliciting input on allocation of the current South Atlantic king mackerel quota during the Scoping Session.
Note: Copies of the Public Hearing Documents and Scoping materials are in the meeting briefing book and also posted in the Library.