Sea Palms Resort and Conference Center
5445 Frederica Road
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
Telephone: 1-800-841-6268 or 912-638-3351; Fax: 912-635-2818
Note! Watch the Council Meetings LIVE! Live video of the meetings will be available the week of each meeting. To view the meetings as they occur you will need a Windows Media Player. Click here to view the meetings as they occur.
Download FINAL AGENDA (PDF) (Note: Except for advertised (scheduled) public hearings and public comment sessions, the times indicated on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the completion of agenda items. Interested parties should be aware that meetings may start earlier or later than indicated.)
Note! Briefing Book materials now available. (posted 2/21/11; updated 3/2/11, 3/6/11 & 3/9/11)
Informal Question / Answer Session - Wednesday, March 9th - 5:30 p.m. - Led by NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Council Chairman David Cupka.
Public Comment Session - Thursday, March 10th - 10:45 a.m. - Interested persons will be provided the opportunity to present oral or written statements relative to the meeting agenda.
Snapper Grouper Committee
· Black Sea Bass - The Committee will review analysis for modifying the recreational bag limit in an effort to avoid future closures of the recreational fishery.
· Regulatory Amendment 9: Commercial Trip Limits - The Committee will review comments received during the public hearing/open comment period, modify the amendment as appropriate and consider recommending approval of the amendment.
· Comprehensive ACL Amendment - The amendment includes measures to establish Annual Catch Limits (in pounds or #s of fish) and Accountability Measures for species not listed as undergoing overfishing as required by the Magnuson-Stevens Act by the end of 2011. Species addressed in the amendment include snapper grouper, dolphin, wahoo, and golden crab. The Committee will review public comments and consider recommending intial approval to the Council.
· Amendment 18 to the Coastal Migratory Pelagics FMP - The Committee will review recommendations from the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council regarding Amendment 18 (being developed jointly with the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council) outlining Annual Catch Limits and Accountability Measures for king mackerel, Spanish mackerel, and cobia. The Committee is scheduled to recommend the Council approve the amendment for public hearings to be held in April 2011.
Spiny Lobster Committee
· Amendment 10 - The Committee will review recommendations from the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council regarding Amendment 10 (being developed jointly with the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council) outlining Annual Catch Limits and Accountability Measures for spiny lobster. The Committee is scheduled to recommend the Council approve the amendment for public hearings to be held in April 2011.
Ecosystem-Based Management Committee
· Comprehensive Ecosystem-Based Amendment (CE-BA) 2 - The Committee will review public comments and consider recommending initial approval of the amendment. CE-BA 2 covers a broad range of issues across multiple fishery management plans, including the management and harvest of octocorals, alternatives to restrict harvest of species to the recreational bag limit for Special Management Zones (SMZs) off the coast of South Carolina, and modification to existing regulations for sea turtle release gear requirements in the commercial snapper grouper fishery.