Wyndham Grand Bay Hotel
2669 South Bayshore Drive
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
A Public Input Session - Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 4:30 p.m.
Members of the public were invited to address the Council on items listed on the agenda or any other fishery issue that falls under the jurisdiction of the Council.
The Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) Meeting, June 12-14, 2006
The SSC met in conjunction with the Council meeting in Coconut Grove. Additional information, including meeting agendas and "road map" of agenda items can be found in the Briefing Book Materials under TAB 1. The SSC allowed opportunities for public comment during its meeting.
SAFMC June Meeting Agenda Items Include:
1) Amendment 14 to the Snapper Grouper Fishery Management Plan (FMP) - Marine protected areas for management of deepwater snapper grouper species
2) Amendment 15 to the Snapper Grouper FMP-
- Rebuilding schedules for overfished species, including snowy grouper, black sea bass and red porgy
- Recreational sale
- Permit issues (transferability and renewal times), size limits for queen snapper, and fishing year for golden tilefish
3) Ecosystem-based Management - development of a Fishery Ecosystem Plan and Ecosystem Comprehensive Amendment
4) Coastal Migratory Pelagics - Includes stock identification for king mackerel and possible recommendations for management actions