South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin
Bringing Fishing News to You
FISHERY BULLETIN ISSUE DATE: December 14, 2018
CONTACT: Mary Vara, Sustainable Fisheries, 727-824-5305
Recreational Closure for Almaco Jack, Banded Rudderfish, and Lesser Amberjack in South Atlantic Federal Waters on December 18, 2018
- The recreational harvest of almaco jack, banded rudderfish, and lesser amberjack (Other Jacks Complex) in federal waters of the South Atlantic will close at 12:01 a.m., (local time), on December 18, 2018. During the recreational closure, harvest or possession of species in the Other Jacks Complex in or from federal waters is prohibited.
WHY THIS CLOSURE IS HAPPENING:
- The 2018 recreational catch limit is 267,799 pounds whole weight.
- Recreational landings have exceeded the recreational catch limit; therefore, recreational harvest must close.
AFTER THE CLOSURE:
- As a reminder, commercial harvest is closed.
- The 2019 fishing season for both the recreational sector and commercial sector of the Other Jacks Complex will open at 12:01 a.m., (local time), on January 1, 2019.
This bulletin provides only a summary of the existing regulations. Full regulations can be found in the Federal Register or at https://www.ecfr.gov.