- Dolphin Wahoo Amendment 11
- Golden Crab Amendment 11
- Snapper Grouper Amendment 45
Purpose of Amendment: To modify the ABC Control Rule to address flexibility allowed under the MSA and revise how uncertainty and risk tolerance are addressed in setting ABCs.
Action Summary: modify the ABC Control Rule, including specification of scientific uncertainty and management risk components, application of the Control Rule to rebuilding stocks, criteria and procedures for phase-in of ABC changes, criteria and procedures for carry-over of unused portions of the annual catch limit, and establishment a framework procedure to allow carry-overs.
- December 2016: work on a plan amendment initiated
- 2017 and 2018: Council and SSC provided guidance on various aspects of the amendment
- January 2019: Scoping hearings were held.
- December 2020 and March 2021: Council provided additional guidance to staff.
- October 2020 and April 2021: SSC provided input.
- September 2021: Council received additional comments from the SSC, reviewed actions and alternatives language modifying the ABC Control rule (Action 1) and carry-overs (Actions 3 and 4).
- March 2022: Council reviewed draft language for modifying the ABC Control rule (Action 1) and carry-overs (Actions 3 and 4).
- June 2022: Council reviewed the draft amendment (all actions) and approved for public hearings.
- September 2022: Public hearings held. Council selected preferred alternatives and approved all actions.