Dolphin Wahoo Regulatory Amendment 3
Purpose of the Amendment: This amendment will seek to extend the applicable range of the minimum size limit for dolphin and modify recreational retention limits for dolphin.
Action Summary: This amendment includes actions that would extend the applicable geographic range of the minimum size limit for dolphin, modify recreational bag and vessel limits, and remove captain and crew bag limits for dolphin.
- June 2021: Amendment initiated to examine extending the geographic coverage of the minimum size limit for dolphin, reducing or removing captain and crew bag limits onboard for-hire vessels, and specifying different retention limits for dolphin and wahoo onboard private vessels and charter vessels.
- September 2021: Information paper and direction to staff to continue developing options that would extend the applicable range of the minimum size limit for dolphin, establish separate retention limits for dolphin onboard for-hire and private vessels, and reduce or remove for-hire captain and crew bag limits for dolphin.
- March 2022: The Council approved the amendment for scoping.
- June 2022: Revised options and will next review amendment and scoping comments at December 2022 meeting.
- December 2022: Paused work on the amendment until June 2023 to allow for completion of dolphin stakeholder workshops being held for the Dolphin MSE (led by the SEFSC).
Most recent amendment document
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review