Addressed gear limitations, vessel permitting specifications, specified status determination criteria, created a sub-zone within the Southern Zone with specified conditions and modified the FMP framework to allow modifications to the sub-zone.
- Extended the use of wire cable for main lines through December 31, 2002.
- Required that the escape panel or door on traps to measure 11 7/8 inches x 11 7/8 inches. Removed the 5,000-pound harvest requirement for renewing the biannual permit.
- Allowed up to a 20% increase in vessel size from the original permit.
- Created a sub-zone within the Southern Zone.
- Allowed two new vessels to be permitted to fish only in the Northern Zone using the next two participants that want to enter the fishery.
- Specified MSY and status determination criteria. Modifying the framework to allow modification to the sub-zone.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review