Snapper Grouper Amendment 37
Modified the fishery management unit boundaries for hogfish, established two hogfish stocks (a Georgia through North Carolina stock and a Florida Keys/East Florida stock); established a rebuilding plan for the Florida Keys/East Florida stock; specified fishing levels and accountability measures and established management measures for hogfish.
- Modified the SG fishery management unit (FMU) to specify 2 separate stocks: 1. GA -NC 2. FL Keys/East FL – 25 degrees N Lat (line just south of Cape Sable running due west) (figure 2.1.1 is helpful).
- Set MSY for both stocks as MSY=F30%SPR.
- Set MSST for both stocks as MSST = 75% of SSBmsy.
- Established an ACL and OY for the GA-NC as ACL=OY= 95% of ABC, specify com and rec ACLs at 69.13% com and 30.87% rec.
- Established a rebuilding plan for the FLK/EFL stock with ABC = yield at a constant F rate, stock rebuilds in 10 yrs with a 72.5% Prebuild. the OFL = yield at Fmsy. The SSBmsy = 2,300,391 lbs ww. Yr 1 is 2017.
- Established ACL and OY for the FLK/EFL stock as: ACL = OY = 95% of ABC, com allocation = 9.63%, rec allocation = 90.37% (for 2017-2027).
- Established an ACT for the GA-NC stock: ACT = 85% rec ACL.
- Increased the min size for both stocks: from 12in FL to 17in FL for the GA-NC stock and to 16in FL for the FLK/EFL stock.
- Established a com trip limit for both stocks: 500 lbs ww per trip for the GA-NC stock and 25 lbs ww per trip for the FLK/EFL stock.
- Established a rec bag limit for the GA-NC stock: 2/p/d.
- Modified the rec bag limit for the FLK/EFL stock: 1/p/d.
- Established a rec season for the FLK/EFL stock: May-Jun and Jul-Oct.
- Established rec and com AMs with in-season and post-season components for both stocks.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review