Snapper Grouper Amendment 41
Updated the acceptable biological catch, annual catch limit, maximum sustainable yield, minimum stock size threshold, optimum yield, and management measures for mutton snapper.
- Specified an MSY of 912,500 lbs ww, specified MSST = 3,486,900 lbs ww.
- Revised ACL = OY = ABC = 129,150 fish for 2017, Com ACL = 100,015 lbs ww (for 2017), Rec ACL = 116,127 fish (for 2017).
- Set rec ACT = 85% rec ACL = 98,708 fish.
- Increased min size limit from 16in to 18in TL.
- Designated April-June as spawning months and the rest of the year as the regular season.
- Kept mutton in the 10-snapper aggregate but reduced the bag limit within the aggregate to 5/p/d year round.
- Reduced the commercial trip limit to 500 lbs during the regular season and 5/p/d or 5/p/trip whichever is more restrictive during the spawning season.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review