Snapper Grouper Amendment 52
Purpose of Amendment: Respond to the latest stock assessment for golden tilefish (SEDAR 66). Golden tilefish are not overfished and overfishing is not occurring. The amendment would also respond to increased recreational effort on blueline tilefish.
Action Summary: Adjust catch levels and sector allocations for golden tilefish, consider modifications to commercial seasons (longline and hook-and-line), and accountability measures. Adjust the recreational bag limit for blueline tilefish and modify recreational accountability measures.
- June 2021: Plan amendment initiated.
- October 2021: Snapper Grouper AP input.
- December 2021: Approved the amendment for scoping and added actions to address blueline tilefish recreational management.
- February 2022: Scoping meetings February 1, 2, and 3.
- April 2022: Snapper Grouper AP input.
- June 2022: approved the amendment for public hearings
- September 2022: public hearings held Sept 6 & 7. Council approved all actions.
- December 2022: approved for submission.
Most recent amendment documents
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review
Myra BrouwerDeputy Director for Management
Roger PuglieseHabitat & Ecosystem Scientist