Provided a framework procedure for pre–season adjustment of TAC, revised king mackerel MSY downward, recognized separate Atlantic and Gulf migratory groups of king mackerel, and established fishing permits and bag limits for king mackerel.
- Established an assessment group to reassess the condition of each stock annually.
- Set allocations for Atlantic and Gulf king mackerel. Created a permit requirement applying in the initial years only to boats fishing for Gulf king mackerel.
- Established seasonal closures.
- Established a minimum size limit for Spanish mackerel.
- Set a minimum mesh size of not less than 4.75 inches stretched mesh.