Modified allocations, stock boundaries and sale provisions for Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic migratory groups of king mackerel.
- Adjusted the management boundary for Gulf and Atlantic king mackerel.
- Updated reference points and revised the ACL and ACT for Atlantic king mackerel.
- Allowed retention and sale of Atlantic king mackerel caught with gillnet as incidental catch in the gillnet portion of the commercial shark fishery for any vessel with a valid share directed commercial permit and valid federal king mackerel commercial permit (no more than 2 king mackerel per crew member can be on board and no more than 2 king mackerel per crew member can be sold in the southern zone, no more than 3 king mackerel per crew member can be on board and no more than 3 king mackerel per crew member can be sold in the northern zone).
- Established commercial split season for Atlantic king mackerel in the Atlantic Southern Zone with 60% of the Southern Zone quota going to season one (March 1st to September 30th) and 40% going to season two (October 1 through the end of February).
- Established a trip limit system for the Atlantic southern zone.
- Increase the recreational bag limit to three fish per person per day for Gulf king mackerel.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review