GULF ONLY: increased the commercial trip limit to 45,000 pounds for the Gulf king mackerel gillnet fishery.
- Increased the commercial Gulf king mackerel trip limit to 45,000 pounds.
- Modified the accountability measures for the gillnet component of the commercial Gulf king mackerel fishery.
- Modify electronic reporting requirements for dealers receiving king mackerel harvested by gillnet in the Florida west coast southern subzone.
- Allowed commercial king mackerel gillnet permits to be renewed only if landings for a single year during 2006-2015 were greater than one pound.
- Gillnet permits that do not qualify are non-renewable and non-transferable.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review