Spiny Lobster Amendment 1
Modified various size limits, permitting requirements and possession, and season regulations.
- Allowed the use of up to 100 undersized lobster on board lobster trap fishing vessels to be used as attractants.
- Required a permit for possession or harvest of more than six lobster per day (commercial harvest). Established a recreational fishing season of August 5 to March 31.
- The harvest and possession limit (recreational) is 6-lobster during the regular season and special mini-season.
- Set the data for the recreational mini-season to the first full weekend prior to August 1st. Pre-season trap soak can begin August 1.
- Established a procedure for an extended trap retrieval period.
- Required all captured egg-bearing females to be immediately released alive.
- Set a minimum size limit of 3-inch carapace or a separated tail length of 5.5 inches or less.
- Prohibited tail separation without a specific permit.
- Final approval
- Public hearing
- Rule making
- Secretarial review