Meeting Agenda & Briefing Materials
The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Council) will hold meetings of its Snapper Grouper AP on October 10th-12th.
Except for advertised public hearings and public comment sessions, the timing of agenda items may change.
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Committee Chair Remarks
- Snapper Grouper Chair Presentation (Attachment 1a; available in Recent Documents by 10/3/2023)
- June 2023 and September 2023 Snapper Grouper Committee Final Reports (Attachment 1b)
- Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) Fishing Effort Survey (FES) Pilot Study Informative Resources and Upcoming Presentations
- Recent Regulations and Status of Amendments (Attachment 2a)
- Amendment 44 – Yellowtail Snapper
- Amendment 48 – Wreckfish
- Regulatory Amendment 36 – Gag, Black Grouper, and Black Sea Bass
- Amendment 56 – Black Sea Bass
- Amendment 49 – Greater Amberjack
- Amendment 51 – Snowy Grouper
- Amendment 52 – Golden Tilefish and Blueline Tilefish
- Amendment 53 – Gag and Black Grouper
- Regulatory Amendment 35 – Red Snapper and Release Mortality
- Amendment 54 – Joint Comprehensive Commercial Electronic Logbook Amendment
- Best Fishing Practices Outreach (Attachment 2b and Attachment 2c)
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Private Recreational Permitting and Education Requirement (SG Amendment 46) (Attachment 3)
- Scamp/Yellowmouth Grouper (SG Amendment 55) (Attachment 4)
- Snapper Grouper Management Strategy Evaluation Update and Input (Attachment 5; available in Recent Documents by 10/3/2023)
- AP Updates to the Golden Tilefish and Blueline Tilefish Fishery Performance Reports (Attachment 6)
Thursday, October 12, 2023
8:30 A.M. – Noon
- Recap from Day One
- Offshore Wind Activities in the Southeast Region Presentation (Attachment 7; available in Recent Documents by 10/3/2023)
- Discussion of Limited Entry into the For-Hire Component of the Snapper Grouper Fishery (Attachment 8)
- Other Updates:
- SEDAR – Chip Collier
- Citizen Science – Julia Byrd (Attachment 9)
- Other Business
- Public Comment
Got Historic Fishing Photos? Click here for more info!
Share them with the FISHstory project! Come to our scanning event at the Napper Grouper AP meeting. We’ll scan and return hard copy photos, gather background information, and share digital copies back with photo providers. Contact email@example.com or check out this flyer for more information.
Mike SchmidtkeFishery Scientist